Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Twitter Headlines!

(Picture from Twitter Homepage)
After learning how to use twitter, I posted some of my own headlines. I’m not going to lie, it was hard for me at first, but by the end I started to feel like I was getting the hang of it. Here a link to my twitter site, if you want to review my headlines, I would love to get some feedback.

Once I was done my headlines on twitter, I decide to check out what some of my classmates had done. The twitter profiles I visited were Marisa B., Abby C., and Chantel J.

Marisa B’s twitter headlines used active voice and summarized the main point of the recycling story. I could understand what the story would be about from her headlines. Abby C’s twitter headlines used active voice, were factual about the football game and answered most of the 5W’s. Lastly Chantel J’s twitter headlines used active voice, summarized how USM is coping with the poor economy and answered the 5W’s.

Overall, for our first assignment using twitter, I think everyone did an awesome job using the 50 characters lead and link, posting a second story with 130 characters and not repeating any information in the first lead on the story.

No comments: